Monday, September 6, 2010

Some Good Summer Grilling!

With the summer coming to an end I decided we needed to get all the use of our grill while we still can!
I was inspired by Erin's recipe, which instantly reminded me of the best meal we had in Belize. We had some delicious home-grown bell peppers from Dave's Dad and had picked up some yummy tomatoes from the Tulsa farmers market.  So I went for it!

I'm more of an eye-baller when it comes to recipes, here's my guess as to what all I used:

1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
half an onion
2 medium sized filets of tilapia
1 tomato
1 tablespoon EVOO
1 lemon juiced
1 handful of cilantro, chopped
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 pinch of herbs de provence
  • I chopped up all the veggies and tossed them in the olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings

  • Thawed the tilapia and chopped it up
  • First spray the foil (double layered) with non-stick cooking spray, then fill the foil packets with all the fish and veggies and pour the remaining sauce on top

  • Close the foil up so the steam doesn't escape

  • Cook for just over 10 minutes on the grill, over medium high heat
 Dave was excited!!!

  • Serve in a tortilla with guac or salsa and cheese, whichever you prefer!
 Yumm! I'm serious you guys, this was delicious!!! I can't wait to make it again!
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! (I had to work... boo.)

2 comments:

melissa said...

That looks amazingly good. I will definitely try that recipe - and soon!

opal said...

All I can say is...WOW! and look at all that guac--makes me want some!